You know one of those days when time seems to move at a slow pace yet it remains unthreatening. There are no deadlines, your pets are fed and the love of your life has gone to work. You’ve got nothing planned either, and you’re OK with that. I’m in that phase of late, where actual productiveness seems to counter the state of my wellbeing. We’ve all spent a whole year marching on with fruitful projects and work; now it’s time to slow down without a thread of worry by giving ourselves a break. I take some time off work and succumb to the pleasure of just lying on the floor and curling up with Charlie. There are books to read and cookies to munch on. The cushions are ready, surrounding us like one comfortable moat, for me to slip into a quick slumber. And there’s nothing but some alone time to feast upon. It’s just so good to be this unproductive, this ‘work-shy’, this restful sans the guilt. And you and I know why we should smile about it: we’ve all earned it.
