Here’s the reason for the radio-silence in this blog of late— we just got home from our much-delayed honeymoon in Cambodia. When N and I were in the early throes of dating, we’d spend hours just listing down all the destinations in the world that we wish to travel together. One of them was Cambodia. I’d been in love with this war-torn country ever since I read the history of Khmer Rouge in high school. N, on the other hand, had always been fascinated by historical figures like Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot (is it any wonder why we got along so well?) We dreamt of backpacking our way there but never got around to making it happen. Five years later, N surprised me with flight tickets to Phnom Penh for our little getaway. We had an amazing time just going through Cambodia’s rich history— from the horrors of war left behind in its French-influenced capital to the miraculous archeology of Angkor Wat. I’m definitely looking forward to sharing a few photographs and stories from our Cambodian escapade.
