This came in the mail last week and it absolutely made my day. My friend S went on a fascinating two-week long trip to Calcutta in February and wrote me the postcard from there. This is what I remember best about the girl— our good old-fashioned correspondences that began as early as our schooldays. Over the years, we’d exchange letters and cards but stopped midway once digital became prevalent. S began reviving the practice between us sometime last year and it’s definitely something worth looking into.
Surely you can’t deny how great it is to find postcards waiting for you in the mailbox instead of utility bills. Reading postcards like this can be so heartwarming. Earlier, S had sent me one from Siem Reap and while I vowed to do the same for her while I was honeymooning in Cambodia, I didn’t get the chance to. It amazes me to think how she could find the time to mail something while vacationing! Also, getting her postcards inspire me to travel even more.
Perhaps one day, I shall get to finally send her a corresponding card from India too.

