Top Social

Catnapping with the Cat

20150619
Being a cat lady is amazing and here's why. 
Despite constantly having to deal with cat hair on clothes and home furniture scratched to oblivion, there are a number of perks that I enjoy from having good old Charlie as a companion. He always greets me at the door whenever I return home from work (and even shows how glad he is that I’m finally home by jumping into my arms). He’s a great company on the days that I work from home; it comforts me to know that I’m never alone when the furball is snoozing on my feet. We’re also such great buddies that we often share the couch for our quick cat nap routine in the evenings. 
We reclaim our place on the couch, watch the bright sun casting its light through the giant windows (or sometimes a movie or a TV show, it we’re up for it) and just slow down. The joy of hearing that hypnotic purr and feeling the soft fur brushing against my skin is unmatchable. We curl up to one another and succumb to slumber. 
On that note, I will take a break from this blog for a few weeks to catch up with my teaching and freelance projects. The timing, I feel, is just right since we’re observing the holy Ramadan (which also means that I spend my mornings having breakfast as early as 4 AM and trying my best not to think about food until dusk rolls in). I hope to be back by the time Eid arrives. 
See you till then!